Wednesday, September 5, 2007

they must be random errors.. black swans they're called

Just got to Copenhagen! It's great to see ben and dicky again, and i'm raring to explore Copenhagen. Denmark is the first Scandinavian country I've visiting, and its SO expensive.. I guess its a hint of what i'm going to get in UK, but to put things into perspective.. a Macdonalds meal costs around 45 Danish Kronos.. which is roughly 13 SGD? like.. wth right.. Anyway I started cooking with Ben, so that is another hint of what to expect in UK.. and to all the skeptics out there, we have been doing rather well!

Anyway the errors that I talk abt in the title refers to the way I got to Copenhagen.. I misread the date on my online confirmation for the air ticket, which to my credit I booked months ago. And as a result, had to make a change at some expense which I'm absolutely ashamed of.. haha but its a lesson learnt, albeit a slightly expensive one, but things could have been worse as always. It amazing how I can check everything else written on the slip, like the flight number, departure terminal, baggage limit, time of flight, EVEN the terms and conditions.. but not the date. As the title of the post suggests, in the end its luck, and if you have a sample population of a hundred flights to take.. the probability of you screwing up one is quite high! Anyway I took a 540am bus on Thursday morning, to catch a 553am train from Maastricht, which switched dropped me at Utrecht at 8am to catch the 815 train to Schipol. And thankfully, that bit didn't screw up. Kinda getting used to carrying the huge ass backpack of mine around.


This part of the post is going to be dedicated to the Maastricht pple, especially since Jo was complaining that I failed to mention them in previous posts. I miss you guys already! Shihui, Jo, Cake & Andrew.. and also Shuyuan who travelled with us earlier and is in Helsinki braving really cold weather. Many thanks especially to Shihui and Jo who practically cooked every dinner for me, and endured my many small requests. They were my unofficial "kar kias" lol. Thats the beauty of bunking in with girls, they have this natural motherly instinct to want to cook for you.. hahaha.. well thats the end of that, and now its back to guys having to survive in the kitchen.. but as i said b4, Ben and I have been doing a pretty good job :)
Here's what we had for dinner/supper
Went to Tivoli amusement park today, and we had lots and lots and lots of fun.. took all the the exciting rides multiple times cos there weren't many pple.
Okay will write more later today cos we're going on the river cruise of Copenhagen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home